Friday, July 29, 2005

Some Local and Personal News

My town was inundated with ten inches of rain in 4 hours on July 17.
Read about my experiences here: http://www.seniorweblogs.com/BlogComment.aspx?id=solitairepoet&EntryId=296&mode=reply

see photos from other parts of my town here: www.jamesburg.net

On the good news front, my poem "Real Estate" was just published in the annual Summer Fiction Issue of the US1 Newspaper of Princeton, New Jersey. It is wonderful and refreshing that a local business newspaper has chosen to do this each summer, giving local writers they chance to be read close to home. To find out where in Mercer County New Jersey the paper is available, see: www.princetoninfo.com
You can also get information there about the special publication party (complete with poets reading their published works) to be held on August 11.

In addition, my poem "Minetta Women" will be published in the upcoming anthology "Streets of New York." More information on that in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee' Barnes said...

Noreen,

Wow! You were really lucky! It sounded like it was going to be much worse as I was reading your post. That poor dog. He must have been scared to death. When you told me that the kid went to save him I had visions of the water carrying them both away.

These things really make you count your blessings.

Renee'
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TRAILER_PARK_GAZETTE/

2:16 AM  
Blogger Noreen said...

Like I said, it makes the blogging complaints seem trivial.... and I am counting my blessings. Thanks for the post.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Syndicate this site

Sign up to receive my newsletter!