Monday, February 07, 2005

Happy Birthday Middle Child!

Today, my middle child, a daughter, turned 21. In between her full time job and full time college class load we managed to fit in some celebratory pizza and a chocolate raspberry mousse cake. As I watched her celebrate with her brother and cousins, I couldn't help but think back to the day that she was born. It was a warmer day in February, just like today and I spent my time in the hospital watching the Sarajevo Olympics. She was a quiet baby, much more interested in sleeping than eating, a habit that continues to today. Since she is the middle child of the family, I have always (hopefully) been cognizant of trying my best to help her avoid middle-child-syndrome. And tonight, as I look at the poised young lady she has become I feel a sense of great pride.

And also a sense of solidarity, knowing that this year, with turning 21, she enters a new chapter in her life, just as I will, when I turn 50 in April.

Its a monumental year in my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Syndicate this site

Sign up to receive my newsletter!