Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 Moves On

As 2005 fades into the sunset, I look back over a blog that did what it was supposed to do - mainly, give me the opportunity to whine, complain and make comments about the world as seen through my newly-50-year-old eyes. It has been a year of gender debate, rodent experiments, floods on grand and local scales, hospital visits and personal epiphanies. Not at all what I expected when, in younger years, I envisioned the doddering, old crone I expected to be at 50. In fact, thanks to my more earth-spiritual friends, I've learned that the title "Crone" is one of respect, a crown of wisdom that can only be worn when one has lived a generous span of years.

And if there is one way I can sum up how I know feel about joining the AARP generation (although, let me say for the record, I have NOT actually joined the AARP - ok, I still have SOME hang-ups), it would be to describe myself in the borrowed words of a classified ad for a classic car:

"Classic 1955 model. May need some bodywork, but the engine runs like new."



Thanks to all of you who have taken this journey with me - watch this space for new developments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Syndicate this site

Sign up to receive my newsletter!