Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The next step

To paraphrase Sonny and Cher, the blog goes on. I've given a lot of thought to what I would like to name the new blog - everything from just my name to something completely nonsensical. what I've settled on may seem closer to the latter, but for those of you who will be in on it from the beginning, here is the name. Roderama Where does that come from? Well, since I have developed the penchant for writing about the adventures of rats, mice and other rodents, I looked up the latin root of the word "rodent." Turns out, it is rodere, that latin word for "to gnaw." And I thought, how appropriate, because that is exactly what I do here, gnaw on a few topics, including rodent adventures. And of course the "rama" part just reflects my free-for-all, retro inclinations. So, let me go and create that new space, and watch for the link here!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about "my path thru life" as a blog name? :)

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you've been going through, because I went through it just 21 years ago. Only I joined AARP as soon as I turned 50, just to tease my dad. Later that year we took a vacation, and didn't mind the discounts we got on hotels and tourist attractions.

Now that I've left the 70 milestone behind, I'm fighting back by forming a support group for those blessed with excessive maturity. It's called The Coprolites.

Coprolite may sound like an ethnic or religious group, but it's actually a mineral you can buy in many rock shops. Coprolite is fossilized old poop. (The Coprolite sold in rock shops generally comes from dinosaurs, which is highly appropriate too.) Anyway, I think it's time for fossilized old poops to be recognized for our contributions.

Age isn't really such a bad thing. Might as well enjoy it. Good luck

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Syndicate this site

Sign up to receive my newsletter!