Monday, February 14, 2005

Being 50 (almost) Now Gives Me the Right to Complain About All My Pet Peeves, or, at my age, why am I still putting up with this stuff?

Today's inaugural entry into my Pet Peeve Hall of Fame is about the banking industry. Why, I ask, in this world of electronic everything and transactions that take nanoseconds to perform - why must a bank hold a check for days and days, waiting for it to "clear?" And WHY if they insist on holding it, do weekends not count? Do computers get days off? When my credit record, along with my Permanent Record and 4th grade spelling tests results can be found instantaneously on the web, it is just RIDICULOUS that a check issued by one financial institution cannot be cleared by another financial institution. I am not asking for them to break open a Swiss bank!

Oh but its an out of state check, they tell me, and the amount is soooo large. I'm sorry, I didn't know that there were border issues, customs procedures and language barriers that would hold up a New Jersey computer from talking to a New York computer.

And as for the amount, give me a break. NASA pays more for a hammer than I just deposited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee' Barnes said...

Noreen,

Funny stuff!!

Renee'
http://reneebarnes.blogspot.com/

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Syndicate this site

Sign up to receive my newsletter!